Good Evening Westlake Warrior Eagle Families
This is Principal Taylor's last update for the final week of the school year, May 27-30, 2019. There are 3 more school days remaining in the school year. What a great school year this has been. I want to thank you all for your support of Westlake this year. We are looking forward to an even better one for 2019-2020.
News on Campus:
- All returning scholars to Westlake need to log on to SchoolMint and register your scholar online for next school year. If you have questions or need help with logging in please contact Ms. Nguyen.
- Westlake’s Spring FAN (Fine Arts Night) was a huge success. Thank you to all Westlake families for coming out to support this wonderful event.
- 8th Grade Promotion Certificates will be distributed on Thursday, May 30 during 6th and 7th periods.
- We are still taking applications for the new after school program Citizens Schools. Please stop by the main office to pick up an application.
- The Free Transit Pass Program Youth Clipper Card applications were due last Friday. Your current clipper card will not work after July 31. If you have not already done so please be sure that you return your application to the office ASAP. All 8th grade scholars will need to check with the high school that they will be attending to find out if they are a part of the program and obtain an application from them.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 28 is the 8th Grade Trip to Great America. All 8th Graders that have paid to attend this trip will need to arrive at school no later than 8:30 AM and report directly to the cafeteria. Please note that there has been a change in the time of the trip. Due to a change in the park hours at Great America, we will be returning to Westlake by 7:00 PM as the park will now close at 6:00 PM instead of 8:00 PM. Please plan accordingly.
- On Wednesday, May 29 Westlake will be taking the 6th and 7th grade classes out to the ballpark for an Oakland A’s game. Permission slips were distributed last Thursday and will need to be returned, signed, to the main office TOMORROW (Tuesday) if your scholar plans to attend. All scholars attending will need to be at school no later than 8:30 AM. We will return from the trip by 4:00 PM. Scholars are encouraged to bring a lunch or money to purchase food at the ballpark. If you have any questions about this trip please speak with Mr. Omolade.
- Reminder: We will continue our minimum day schedule for the remainder of the year. Scholars will be dismissed at 1:10 PM daily. Please plan accordingly.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Tuesday, May 28- 8th Grade Trip to Great America, 8th Grade ONLY, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 29- Oakland A’s Game Field Trip, 6th and 7th Grade ONLY, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday, May 30- Last day of school
- Monday, August 12- First day of school
Those are the updates for the final week of school. I want to wish you all a safe and fun summer break and look forward to seeing you all in the new school year. Stay fly and SOAR and please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Westlake.