This is your Principal Ms. Taylor with the Weekly Update for the week of September 30- October 4, 2019. I want to thank all scholars, staff and community members for a great first week to the second marking period of the school year. Report cards will be distributed to scholars and mailed home on Monday, September 30. This coming week marks the beginning of some additional support programs for our scholars so please listen carefully to the announcements.
- Clipper Cards: If your scholar has not picked up their Clipper Card please have them stop by the main office and speak with Ms. Ebado.
- New Academic Support Programs for Scholars: beginning Monday, September 30 scholars will have the opportunity twice a week to get help afterschool from a Westlake teacher. MLT or Mastery Learning Time will take place on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3:35 PM - 4:35 PM. This is a Study Hall style program that will allow scholars to work 1:1 or in small groups with Westlake Teachers to receive support with their homework, projects, etc. If you would like more information about this program, please contact our School Counselor, Ms. Nguyen.
- School Pictures: The first batch of school pictures has arrived and will be distributed to scholars on Tuesday, October 1. All scholars will receive an ID card and Westlake lanyard. We are asking that scholars wear their ID card and lanyard to school daily. Please support us in making sure your scholar has this with them daily. Make-up picture day will take place on October 29. If you did not purchase pictures during the first sitting or are not satisfied with the package you purchased, simply have your scholar bring the package on October 29 and retake their photo.
- Food Pantry and Family Engagement Night: Thursday, October 10 marks the return of the Westlake Food Distribution and Family Engagement Night. Note: this will also be the evening that we will begin planning for our Annual Haunted House. If you are interested in participating in this event please contact our Community Schools Manager, Mr. Omolade.
- High School Options Fair: Also taking place Thursday, October 10 is our Annual HS Options Fair. While this event is targeted towards 8th Grade Scholars and Parents, all Westlake Families are invited to attend. The fair will take place from 6:00 PM- 7:30PM. Come and gather information about various high schools and the options process.
- Afterschool Program: The Afterschool Program will be closed on Friday, October 11 for Professional Development. Please plan accordingly. Parent Volunteers: We are in need of parent volunteers here at Westlake. If you are able to give of your time to our community please contact our Community Schools Manager, Mr. Omolade.
- LCFF Forms: Attention New Parents and Scholars to Westlake. Your child may have received an LCFF Form from the main office this week. This form is very important as it affects school funding. Please ask your scholar if a form was given to them and if so please complete and return to the office ASAP. If you have any questions contact our Administrative Assistant, Ms. Ebado.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Monday, September 30- Mastery Learning Time begins for ALL scholars, 3:35 PM - 4:35 PM
- Thursday, October 10- Food Distribution, Family Engagement Night and HS Options Fair
- Friday, October 11- Afterschool Program closed for Professional Development
Those are the updates for the week of September 30- October 4, 2019. Stay fly and SOAR and please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Westlake.