Good Evening Westlake Warrior Eagle Families!
This is your your Friday Update for April 5, 2019. We have exactly 38 days of school remaining for this school year. These last few weeks are going to be extremely busy so we are asking that you please plan accordingly.
News on Campus:
- The end of the marking period is next Friday, April 12. Scholars will be dismissed at 1:10 PM. Please be sure that your scholar is checking in with their teachers and turning in all assignments and projects that are due. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your scholar’s grades please contact their teacher.
- 8th Grade Parents just a reminder that all gown order forms and payment was due today. The cost of the gown is $20 and all scholars that will be participating in the promotion ceremony must purchase a gown. If you have not already done so please turn in your gown order form and money as soon as possible. If you have any questions please contact our Administrative Assistant, Ms. Ebado.
- We are still looking for 2 parents to serve on the Planning Committee for our new After school Provider, Citizen Schools. The first meeting will take place this coming Tuesday, April 9 at 4:30 PM in the principal’s office. If you are interested please contact me at 510-879-2123.
- 6th Grade Parents. AIM High Summer Program is still accepting applications. If you are interested in your scholar participating please contact our School Counselor, Ms. Nguyen.
- SBAC Testing will be April 22- May 17. The schedule will be 6th grade the week of April 22-April 26, 7th grade the week of April 29-May 3, 8th grade the week of May 6-May 10 and makeups the week of May 13-17. A letter will be mailed home with the upcoming report card with more information.
- Attention 8th Grade Parents of scholars admitted to Oakland Tech HS. There will be pre-registration for your scholar on Tuesday, April 16 from 6pm-8pm at Oakland Tech in the Auditorium. Please bring a copy of their transcript and immunization record with you. For more information go to the Oakland Tech HS website.
- The SSC (School Site Council) will meet next Thursday, April 11 at 5:30 PM in the library. We will be discussing the 2019-2020 Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). All parents and community members are invited to attend.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Friday, April 12- End of the marking period, early dismissal at 1:10 PM
- Thursday, April 16- Oakland Tech HS Pre-Registration, 6PM-8PM, Oakland Tech Auditorium (8th Grade Only)
- Monday April 22- Friday, May 17- SBAC Testing Window
Those are the updates for Friday, April 5, 2019. Stay fly and SOAR and please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Westlake.