Welcome to the Talent Division
Current or Former Employees
Talent Division Services Directory Find service descriptions, updates, contacts, and links.Prospective Employees
Search for career opportunities and apply here.
Find more information on opportunities and resources at our Prospective Employee Page or contact Recruitment@ousd.org for general questions.
The Talent Division is the keeper of the OUSD employee experience. We recruit, hire, train and support OUSD's over 4,500 active employees to ensure a healthy and stable workforce that can effectively serve Oakland's children and families, to ensure every student and every family thrives!
Our team provides services ranging from one-on-one employee consultation and assistance, to strategic support for schools and all departments. Please browse the links to learn more and contact us for assistance!
The success of each contributes to the success of all. We aspire to create a culture that values diversity and requires equity. We encourage and stand by the growth, development, and well-being of our employees.
- Reliability: Talent Division staff perform dependably and accurately.
- Empathy: Talent Division staff communicate with caring and individualized attention.
- Responsiveness: Talent Division staff help customers and provide services in a timely manner.
We welcome feedback about our service through our Ongoing Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Our Commitment to Nondiscrimination
OUSD NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
OUSD prohibits unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) against any student, employee, or other person participating in district programs and activities, including, but not limited to, those programs or activities funded directly by or that receive or benefit from any state financial assistance, based on the person's actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital, pregnancy, or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Government Code 11135, or Penal Code 422.55 or educational equity or compliance with Title IX, or based on his/her/their association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (5 CCR 4610). BOARD POLICY 0410. BOARD POLICY 1312.3. BOARD POLICY 4030. BOARD POLICY 5143.3. BOARD POLICY 5145.7.
Complaint forms are available at:
- school sites,
- on the district webpage at www.ousd.org under District Serices - Ombudsman,
- at the Office of the Ombudsperson located at 1000 Broadway, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Oakland, CA, 94607, or
- via telephone 510-879-4281.
For Parent/Student Discrimination, Equity or Title IX Concerns, please contact:
Gabriel Valenzuela Ombudsperson/Title IX Coordinator
For Employee Discrimination concerns, please contact:
Tara Gard, Deputy Chief, Talent Division at
OUSD complaint procedures and non-discrimination policies:
Talent Division Announcements
OUSD is Hiring!
- EDUCATORS & LEADERS - We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and equity-centered future educators for Oakland students. Please fill out this interest form and we will be in touch with you.
- ALL POSITIONS: Please visit our Prospective Employees page to find out more about joining OUSD for the coming school year!