About the OUSD Strategic Plan 2020-23
The 2020-23 OUSD Strategic Plan will focus on a narrow set of strategic actions for the next three years. It is an opportunity to reimagine our work and to craft an Oakland community and school system that represents our highest hopes and dreams for ourselves and the generations to come.
Give your feedback as part of a facilitated group
In September 2020, we kicked off the community feedback portion of our draft Strategic Plan 2020-23 by sharing an RFI. The RFI was for community partners to commit to facilitating online gatherings within the community to share the plan and hold space for discussion and feedback. The following community groups signed up. Additionally, our Board of Education Directors are holding online groups as well.
- American Association of Yemeni Students and Professionals (AAYSP)
- East Bay Spanish Speaking Citizens' Foundation (SSCF)
- IKUNA Group
- Monarch Lodge 73 (McClymonds Families)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Oakland REACH
- OK Program of Oakland
- Spearitwurx Foundation
If you are interested in learning more about the plan as part of an online group, please join one of the upcoming online meetings:
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, Hosted by NAACP, Oakland branch. Details TBD and posted here.
- Monday, Nov. 2 from 7:00p.m. to 8:30p.m. Hosted by Board of Education President Jody London. RSVP HERE
Give your feedback on your own time
Learn more about the Strategic Plan and provide feedback right here. Please take 15 minutes to watch the video below and then answer the three questions that follow.
Materials in English are posted below. Materials in other languages are posted here.