September 20, 2019
This is Principal Ms. Taylor with the Weekly Update for Friday, September 20, 2019. This was a very busy week as it was Spirit Week, our SSC Establishment Meeting, the Grand Opening of the Writing Room, and our first School Dance of the year. Also, today marked the end of the first marking period of the year. Teachers will be submitting grades and report cards will be mailed home on Monday, September 30.
- Clipper Cards: Clipper cards arrived this week and were distributed on Tuesday after school. Please check in with your scholar to see if they picked up their card. If you completed your application after the start of the school year your clipper card should be arriving within the next 2 weeks.
- SSC Establishment Meeting: Thank you to all parents and scholars that attended the SSC Establishment Meeting. The SSC will meet every third Wednesday of the month from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM. All are encouraged to attend.
- 6th Grade Wheel: Attention 6th Grade Parents, as we transition into the 2nd marking period on Monday, 6th grade scholars will be changing to their next class in the Elective Wheel. The changes are as follows: Drama to Computer Science, Computer Science to Choir, Choir to Art and Art to Drama. Please ask your scholar if they are aware of the class that they will be starting on Monday.
- 7th Grade Exploratorium Field Trip: 7th Grade Scholars will be going on a field trip to the exploratorium next Thursday, September 26. Please be sure that your scholar has turned in the required permission slip to attend.
- Staff Development Day: Friday, September 27 is a district-wide Staff Development Day. There will be NO SCHOOL for scholars.
- Leaving Campus: Parents we are asking your help in letting your scholars know that once they arrive on campus in the morning they are not to leave campus as this becomes a safety issue. We appreciate your support with this.
- Parent Volunteers: We are in need of parent volunteers here at Westlake. If you are able to give of your time to our community please contact our Community Schools Manager, Mr. Omolade.
- LCFF Forms: Attention New Parents and Scholars to Westlake. Your child may have received an LCFF Form from the main office this week. This form is very important as it affects school funding. Please ask your scholar if a form was given to them and if so please complete and return to the office by early next week. If you have any questions contact our Administrative Assistant, Ms. Ebado.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Monday, September 23- Beginning of the 2nd Marking Period and 6th Grade Elective Wheel Changes
- Thursday, September 26- 7th Grade Exploratorium Field Trip
- Friday, September 27- Staff Development Day- NO SCHOOL for Scholars
Those are the updates for Friday, September 20, 2019. Stay fly and SOAR and please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Westlake.