22 School Sites to Offer Free Grab and Go Meals for Oakland Kids
Nutrition Services is operating 22 pick-up locations throughout the city where “Grab and Go” meals are available for any Oakland child.
After a few weeks when OUSD was unable to provide meals to non OUSD students due to a federal rule change, the U.S. Department of Agriculture reversed course and announced that schools can return to their "grab and go" policies from the summer.
Starting September 3, all children in Oakland - 18 years old and younger, including students in our Young Adult Program - can receive meals. Our staff will be taking attendance, but families no longer have to prove their students attend District-run schools. They can be students in charter and private schools, or homeschooled.
- Pick-up days are Mondays and Thursdays, between 8am and 1pm at 22 pick-up locations.
- Social Distancing measures are in effect.
- Face coverings are required.
- Kids do not need to be present to pick up food.
- Multiple days worth of food can be picked up at once. (Three meals for each weekday, and two meals for each weekend day.)