22 School Sites to Offer Free Grab and Go Meals for Oakland Kids
Starting August 10, the Nutrition Services Department will operate 22 pick-up locations throughout the city where “Grab and Go” meals will be available for any student registered and enrolled in TK to 12th grade at one of our District-run schools, or in our Early Childhood Education or Young Adult Programs. This is due to a new federal rule. In other words, we can no longer provide meals for children too young to be enrolled in school or students enrolled in charter or private schools.
- Bring the letter mailed by Nutrition Services that explains the changes and includes your child’s ID# and a scannable barcode.
- Bring your child’s student ID card with their Aeries ID# from the previous year (and ideally have a barcode in order to be scanned).
- Wait in a separate line and have your child’s information looked up in a district database at the food distribution site (this could be a slow process and we highly recommend families bring a copy of their letter).
- Pick-up days are Mondays and Thursdays, between 8am and 1pm at 22 pick-up locations.
- Social Distancing measures are in effect.
- Face coverings are required.
- Kids do not need to be present to pick up food.
- Multiple days worth of food can be picked up at once.