Montera Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Welcome Toro families! The PTO is your voice in the Montera community. There's no membership form or fee - if you have a student at Montera, you are automatically part of the PTO! All families are encouraged to participate by attending our general meetings, coming to one of our community events or volunteering to help out. In fact, our goal this year is 100% participation — we'd like to see every family volunteering, donating, attending events or doing whatever they can to be involved in our community.
What We Do
Our goal is to enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies, technology or programs that fall outside the school budget and to build a school community.
The Montera PTO provides volunteers, coordinates events and fundraises to cover needs big and small not met by the school budget, from classroom supplies to field trips to afterschool programs. We work closely with the faculty, administration, program providers, parents, students and the community.
Some things the PTO sponsors or supports:
- Planners to help all students stay organized
- Classroom supplies for teachers
- Community-building events like Fall Fest, New Family Pizza Night & Toros Got Talent
- Tours & outreach to prospective families
- Staff appreciation events
- Sports & afterschool activities
- Emergency preparedness
- 8th grade activities
- Field trips
- Facilities improvement & maintenance
- Communication to parents
- Toro Store (spirit wear)
1. Donate time. Whether you can bring a plate of brownies to a bake sale or fill a board position, we truly appreciate everything you do. Check out our list of volunteer opportunities. If you don't see something that interests you, or you see a need at school you could fill, please suggest it - some great developments at Montera, like first aid training for staff, or our award-winning cheer team came from parents who saw a need and took initiative. (Plus, studies show that kids with involved parents do better in school — really!)
2. Donate money. Write a check (it’s tax-deductible!), set up monthly giving via PayPal, drop a few dollars in the jar at events, shop through programs like eScrip, dine out on restaurant nights, bid at the auction, host a fundraising party, buy a raffle ticket — literally every dollar helps, and some programs, like SHARES, don't even require you to spend any extra money. Don’t forget to see if your employer will match your donation! Check out our Fundraising page to see all the ways you can give.
3. Come to PTO meetings and events. We have 4 informative meetings a year, plus fun community events like Fall Fest.
4. Connect with us online: