Blueprint for Quality Schools: Kick Off Community Meeting
Creating a Blueprint for Quality Schools, Together
Did you know OUSD is launching a plan that will help shape Board decisions on educational programs and facilities investment for the next 5 years?
This month, we are launching the Blueprint for Quality Schools, a long term master plan that will combine our facilities investments with academic equity. Throughout the summer and fall, we hope that you’ll participate in shaping this plan. Together we will address such important questions as:
- What kind of schools will best prepare students for the future?
- What is the right number, sizes, and locations of schools to best serve students?
- Which current buildings should be modernized? replaced? expanded? repurposed?
This plan will contain a needs assessment for every school in the district, as well as recommendations on school reconfiguration and rehabilitation to provide equity, quality and opportunity for ALL OUSD students.
The Blueprint for Quality Schools kickoff is on Thursday, May 25th, there will be four identical meetings held throughout the city. Pick the time and location that works best for you:
Morning Meetings: 9:00-11:00 am, 5/25
Fruitvale/San Antonio: Manzanita Recreation Center, 2701 22nd Avenue
East Oakland: Tassafaronga Recreation Center, 975 85th Avenue
Evening Meetings: 6:00-8:00 pm, 5/25
West/Central Oakland: Westlake Middle School, 2629 Harrison Street
Fruitvale: Fremont High School, 4610 Foothill Boulevard
Please RSVP at www.ousd.org/blueprintforquality. Snacks, childcare, and translation services will be provided.
This kick off aims to:
- Provide participants with more details on the Blueprint for Quality Schools process.
- Survey community priorities and values to help shape future facilities investments.
- Share ways to stay involved in the process.
More Information? Please visit www.ousd.org/blueprintforquality.
Questions? Please email them to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and engagement!
Flyers in Spanish, Chinese, Cambodian and Vietnamese below!