Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached are:- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule- Photos of points of interest across campus (see descriptions below).What to expect on campus October 14 - October 28:- Going forward, Alten Construction anticipates having a full crew working 6 days a week (including Saturdays.) This schedule has always been part of the construction plan. The type of work that goes on during the week is what will be happening on Saturdays unless otherwise noted. This weekend, work will include the application of a scratch coat base layer to the eastern facade (along La Cresta Ave.) as well as the backfilling of trenches (also along La Cresta.) Grading of the fire lane is also ongoing.- The interior courtyard is having metal sun shades and downspouts installed, painting finished, and scaffolding removed.- The main floor throughout the building has had concrete floors polished, paint applied, and ceiling grids installed. Drinking fountains are being installed and handrails painted (see photo below.)- Installation of tack boards and white boards continues throughout with kindergarten rooms a particular highlight (see photos below.)- Installation of translucent window panels has begun in the kindergarten classrooms (see photo below.)- Installation of cabinetry continues in the main floor classrooms with additional cabinetry delivered this week, including bookshelves for the library (see photos below.)- Data cabling is being pulled throughout the building, and radiant heat ceiling panels will be installed next week.- Bathroom partition installation will begin at the end of October after epoxy flooring is completed throughout the site.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building