Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus March 9 - March 23:- Construction activities this weekend will encompass both indoor and outdoor work. There will be electrical crews working inside the building and painting on the exterior and exterior.- Work on downspout installation is nearing completion.- Assembly and installation of the play structure for kindergartners is nearly complete.- Pavers are being installed in the west courtyard, in between the kindergarten wing and the multipurpose room.- Wood reclaimed from the original gymnasium floor is being installed at bench locations throughout the building, starting with the main lobby.- Multipurpose room acoustic panel and Sieva panel (wood finished) installation is in progress.- Cabinet lighting is being installed in classrooms.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building