Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached are:- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule- Photos of points of interest across campus (see descriptions below).What to expect on campus August 12 - August 26:- A second silo containing materials for stucco application has been installed in the fire lane, on the North side of campus (see photo below). Stucco application will begin Monday on that side of campus.- Tilling in hallways continues (see pics below.)- Sheet-rocking continues in the multi purpose room as well (see pics below.)- The installation of epoxy flooring has begin in Kindergarten bathrooms. In photos below, this will look as though sand is strewn across the floor of a tiled room - this is actually the granular details being added to the poured epoxy. Excess granules will be removed as the installation is completed. Also included are images of tile work in multi-user bathrooms- Work at the front of the school continues with infilling and grading of the areas surrounding entrance ramps, the oak tree, and planters. Dirt is being compacted in this area as well and preparations for concrete walls are in process.For drone footage shown at last night's PTA meeting, click here.This footage is just over 3 minutes long.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building