Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus February 10 - February 24:
- Construction activities this weekend will encompass both indoor and outdoor work, including a concrete pour in the upper courtyard on Saturday.
-There will also be electrical crews working inside the building, as well as steel work on the golf cart enclosure, and canopy at the front of the building along La Cresta.
- Grading is occurring now for the asphalt paving, which will take place next Thursday, 2/20. ACC Environmental will be on-site to do air quality monitoring during this process.
- The curved stairs in the west play area (upper courtyard) have been poured (see photo below.) The raps in the east courtyard were poured this week.
- Demolition of the construction ramp from the upper to lower yard is underway (see photo below.)
- Ceiling tiles are installed in the 2nd floor classrooms, with flooring following (see photo below.)
- Above ceiling inspections are ongoing throughout the building.
- The PG&E gas line has been inspected, and a tie-in to campus is scheduled for 2/14. At that time we will get a date for PG&E to set their meter, so gas can be supplied to the building.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building