Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus February 15- March 1- Roofing
- Air Quality Monitoring
- There is no current roofing work taking place due to weather conditions.
- Upcoming Earthwork, with prescribed dust control protocols in place:
- A contract for air quality monitoring, with ACC Environmental, is being finalized with OUSD, and is expected to cover the duration of this project.
- There are currently no activities that warrant air quality monitoring on site.
- Continued rough-in of electrical and duct work on interiors across campus.Current project documents:- A first draft of the Move Back Support Calendar. Please keep in mind that this Support Calendar is only a working list of milestones, not a comprehensive one, with dates and durations still to be added. As updates are made to this calendar, it will be noted and redistributed.
- Relocation of soil pile from near Kindergarten wing to east courtyard to refill this space -- delayed due to rain.
- Storm drain installation preparation, which includes digging, dirt removal, and grading- delayed due to rain.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building