Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached is:- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule
What to expect on campus April 19 - April 29:- Initial irrigation layouts have begun. The bulk of this work will not be completed until utilities have been inspected and permitted, and the building scaffolding is removed. The East elevation (La Cresta Ave.) is the first location for this work.- Window deliveries for the Kindergarten classrooms have been pushed to the week of April 22, followed by installation. Openings have been cut, sills and flashing installed.- Basement work continues, including door-frame installation and the pulling of wires to electrical and mechanical rooms via conduits.- Rough-ins continue throughout the campus with inspections in west main wing in process, with sheet rock to follow inspection completion.- Roof details in process include installation of skylight lens flashing, metal roof finishing details.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building