Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached is:The 4 Week Look Ahead ScheduleWhat to expect on campus June 7 - June 17:- Window installation is in progress moving from west to east across campus. Window testing will commence on the kindergarten wing the week of June 17th. Wall finishing will follow once windows pass water intrusion testing.- Weather barrier installation and inspection is progressing on the building exterior.- Preparation for the roof installation of HVAC equipment is in process, with the installation of air handling units scheduled for the week of June 18th. During this time there will be a work crew on the roof.- ACC Environmental has been on site this week monitoring the built up roofing process. The touch-up and finish work on the roof will be done using the torched-on process, heating at the exact point of work. This process produces little to no fumes.- Installation of skylights is scheduled for the week of June 10.- Sheetrock is being installed in the gym and kitchen, and rough-ins for duct work are also progressing in this area.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building