How to Apply: Current OUSD Students
For Current OUSD Students in Transition Grades (PK, 5, 8)
- Starting in mid November, families will receive a letter and instructions on how to submit a pre-filled online enrollment application.
- Students in fifth and eighth grades have verified residences already listed in their pre-filled online application. However, if there are changes in address, you must upload or attach the supporting documents.
- PK families will need to upload or attach verification documents with the enrollment application. See the information on the Apply - Students New to OUSD page.
- Please contact your school if you have not received the letter by late November. You can also contact a Student Welcome Center with any questions about the enrollment process.
For Current OUSD Students NOT in Transition Grades
- If you want your student to continue at their current OUSD school for 2018-19, you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If you want to apply for a different school for your student for 2018-19, please follow the instructions on the Apply - Students New to OUSD page.
Student Welcome Centers
We have two locations to serve you!
Student Welcome Center staff is available to help you enroll your student every step of the way.
Lakeview Student Welcome Center
746 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
New Phone: 510-879-4600
New Fax: 510-879-4606
East Oakland Student Welcome Center1125 69th Ave.Oakland, CA 946218:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.Monday - FridayNew Phone: 510-879-4600New Fax: 510-879-4606Email: email@example.com
Student Welcome Center Closures
Our Student Welcome Centers will be closed from Nov. 20 - 24, and will reopen on Nov. 27, 2017.