OUSD COVID-19 Related Updates
July 27, 2021Here are some important things to know about our safety guidelines for the upcoming school year:
Read the full message: An Update about Safety Guidelines and Upcoming Info SessionsJuly 14, 2021July 7, 2021
- Masks will continue to be required for all students and staff on campus while they are indoors.
- Students and staff should stay home if they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, even if they are vaccinated.
- Testing is available at 10 OUSD locations with additional community-based locations throughout the city. At-home testing kits will also be available at each school site. Please consider getting tested if you are feeling symptoms or have been exposed to a COVID-positive individual.
- Vaccines are highly recommended for all community members, ages 12 and up. We are partnering with Alameda County to reach out to all students, staff, and families to support them with accessing the vaccine.
- Ventilation has been upgraded in all of our filter-based HVAC systems, and additional air purifiers have been installed in all classrooms and shared spaces.