Bridges Academy Elementary School
|TK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||1325 53rd Avenue, Oakland, CA|
AC Transit Line 1
Principal: SarahJayn Kemp
Network Superintendent: Kathleen Arnold
Uniform: White or navy blue tops and navy blue bottom
08:35 AM - 02:50 PM
Services & Offerings
- After-School Program
- Dual Language Immersion - Spanish
- Elementary Reading Tutors
We are a Transitional Kindergarten to Fifth grade dual language immersion school that is growing our Spanish dual language program up to fifth grade. Bridges Academy has a TK-3rd Dual Language program for the year 2023-24 and will add 4th grade in 2024-2025 and 5th grade in 2025-2026.
We also have two PreKindergarten classrooms on our campus. We have a large immigrant population of students who get supported by a full time newcomer teacher. Our parent and staff leadership committee, Pueblo Unido, engages the community in fulfilling our aspirations together. We organize annual community events such as the Autumn festival and family Science nights. We welcome children from diverse backgrounds to learn, play, laugh and grow with us
VISION: Building bridges from East Oakland to college and careers and breaking barriers by creating a more just, equitable, and culturally responsive community. MISSION Provide an intellectually stimulating, culturally prosperous, and socio-emotionally supportive environment for every child through collaboration and reflection between the school, parents, and community.
- Responsibility - As a community, we collectively embrace challenges and break barriers by working together.
- Equity - Each student reaches academic and personal goals and feels like a valued member of a caring community
- Continuous Growth - As students, educators and families, we are open to changing our beliefs and actions to support our growth as a community.
- Love - We support and care for each other like friends and family.
- Joy - We have fun, laugh, and play. Culturally Responsive: Our community respects and celebrates the languages, traditions, and values of all people.