Food Assistance Resources
- City of Oakland Summer Feeding 2023
- Alameda County Community Food Bank Finder
- CA Food Banks Resource Page
- CalFresh/SNAP Information
- Resources from Senator Skinner
- Women, Infant & Children Program
The Alameda County Community Food Bank has many partner organizations in Oakland and the Bay Area that serve as food distribution sites.
CalFresh is part of the national SNAP program, and offers loc-income individuals and families monthly assistance to purchase nutritious food. It is often distributed in the form of an Electronic Bank Transfers (EBT) card that can be used at most grocery stores and some farmer markets.
WIC is a national program that serves low-income pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, as well as infants and children up to the age of 5 who are at nutritional risk. WIC provides supplemental food, education and referrals for health and social services for free.