Our Mission and Vision
What We're About
We make a difference in the lives of our students by ensuring they are prepared for learning by:
- Providing delicious, fresh, high quality food
- In an environment that honors their needs and differences
- By adults who are hard working, self motivated and student focused
We believe in:
- Exceeding national standards when creating culturally responsible meals and menus;
- Identifying resources to increase access to healthy food; and
- Providing effective and efficient service in a family centered environment.
The Department of Nutrition Services creates an equitable food system for the Oakland community.