Custodial Services Managerial Team
The Custodial Services managerial team is dedicated to establishing a uniformed method of service throughout the District that provides a clean and sanitary environment at all schools. Our objective is to assist site administrators with understanding core custodial functions while fostering a team-like quality work environment. In order to attain these goals, Custodial Services will:
- Meet with administrators to evaluate custodial work.
- Perform complete site inspection.
- Establish custodial work schedules for the sites.
- Approve, track and maintain custodial personal and vacation leave.
- Assist Administrators with instructing custodians on various tasks.
- Provide progressive discipline for problematic custodians.
- Provide sites with substitute placements.
- Routinely train custodians on the technical aspects of cleaning.
- Promote team unity between the Administrators, custodians, parents, visitors and the Custodial Services Managerial team.
- Require Head, Lead or Day Custodians to submit weekly restroom inspection forms.
- Work together with the HRSS on the placement of custodial personnel.
- Work with Labor Management Employee Relations and AFSCME Local 257 to ensure that employee contractual rights are protected.
- Research and develop modern cleaning techniques and methods.