OUSD OFFICE OF EQUITY
In 2016, Oakland Unified School District launched the Office of Equity to focus on improving systemic culture, conditions, and competencies across the district in order to better serve children and families situated furthest from opportunity. At OUSD, equity means providing each student with the academic, social and emotional supports they need to prepare for college, career, and community success in the future.
The Office of Equity was established to:
- eliminate the correlation between social and cultural factors and probability of success;
- examine biases, interrupt and eliminate inequitable practices, and create inclusive and just conditions for all students; and
- discover and cultivate the unique gifts, talents, and interests that every student possesses.
AAMA Spring Symposium | April 12-14, 2018
1000 Broadway, Suite 109, Oakland, CA
The Oakland Unified School District's Office of Equity and the National Equity Project invite you to experience our ENGAGE, ENCOURAGE, EMPOWER approach to realizing My Brother's Keeper's vision in a citywide system of schools.
This three-day professional development experience includes:
- Office of Equity staff-led seminars
- Professional development workshops
- Manhood Development Program classroom tours
- African American Male Achievement's Man-Up! Youth Conference
- and more!
Visit http://give.classy.org/aamasymposium2018 for more information and to register online.