There are many opportunities for parents to participate at Hoover. Come join us!
- SELLS: The sub-committee for English Language Learners meets monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month, at 8:45am, to learn about how we can best support our students who are learning English be better served at our school.
- SSC: Our School Site Council Meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 8:45am, to oversee our site plan and budget.
- Hoover Family Council: Our parents meet monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month from 5pm-6:30pm, have dinner and discuss ways to partner with our school and support our students to be happy, engaged and learn more while here. Family leadership opportunities are developed collaboratively through the Family Council. Childcare is also provided.
- Literacy and Family Math Workshops: Throughout the year, parents get to learn about Common Core Math with their teachers and participate in interactive workshops to learn about how to support at home with literacy development. Hot breakfast is provided for all family workshops.
- Coffee with the Principal: On the last Friday of the month at 8:30am, parents are invited to have coffee with each other and with the principal to build relationships and support each other.
- Chai hour with AAYSP: Once a month, the Ta'alam Literacy Project hosts a chai hour for Arab American and Afghan parents to build relationships and support each other.
- School Assemblies: On the last Friday of the month at 9am, we have school culture assemblies where students receive awards, announcements are made.
Last Modified on April 10, 2023