OUSD NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY
OUSD prohibits unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) against any student, employee, or other person participating in district programs and activities, including, but not limited to, those programs or activities funded directly by or that receive or benefit from any state financial assistance, based on the person's actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital, pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Government Code 11135, or Penal Code 422.55 or equity or compliance with Title IX, or based on his/her association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (5 CCR 4610). BOARD POLICY 0410. BOARD POLICY 1312.3. BOARD POLICY 4030. BOARD POLICY 5143.3. BOARD POLICY 5145.7.
Complaint forms are available at school sites, on the district webpage at www.ousd.org/ombudsperson, at the Office of the Ombudsperson located at 1000 Broadway, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Oakland, CA, 94607, or via telephone 510-879-4281.
For Parent/Student Discrimination, Equity or Title IX Concerns, please contact: Gabriel Valenzuela, Ombudsperson/Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-879-4281.
Williams Complaint Procedures
2022-23 STUDENT & FAMILY HANDBOOK
The OUSD Student Family Handbook 2022-23 is available for download either as the full handbook (in one file) or by individual sections. It will be translated into Mandarin and Spanish and translated versions will be posted here when final.
Full Handbook: English
Handbook by Individual Sections:
- Annual Notice to Parents including Know Your Rights
- Notice of Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Notice of Title IX / Student Athletes’ Bill of Rights
- Notice of Complaint Rights - Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Notice of Preschool Complaint Rights - Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Notice of Puberty / Sexual Health Education
- Parent Responsibility for Lost or Damaged Loaned District Property
- Education for English Language Learners
- Special Education
- Students with Disabilities / Section 504 Accommodation
- Graduation Information and Support to Help Students Graduate
- Transportation Safety Information
- Prescription Opioids Fact Sheet
- Integrated Pest Management Plan