Oakland Tech Parent Teacher Student Association
The Oakland Tech PTSA provides an energetic forum for parents, caregivers, teachers, students, staff and community members to share ideas and identify opportunities for the betterment of Oakland Tech. We encourage you to learn more about what we do and how you can bring your time, talent or treasure to our community.
PTSA Meetings: All Welcome!
Our General PTSA meetings for the 2022-23 school year are Aug. 16, Nov. 15, Feb. 21 and April 18 at 7 p.m.. Meeting format (in person or zoom) to be announced, please look for a ParentSquare update. Meetings are open to the entire Bulldog community — members and fans — with the interest, passion, curiosity and caring hearts to make a positive impact on Tech students.
2022-23 PTSA Executive Board
Tech’s PTSA Executive Board is an involved, roll-up-the-sleeves team of parents, teachers and administrators striving to make a positive impact on the school community by engaging and empowering families.
To contact the entire Board (with the exception of the principal and teacher representative), please email PTSABoard@oaklandtech.com.
- President: Jessica Gray email@example.com
- VP of Membership: Abigail Kaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Andrea Dooley email@example.com
- Historian: Joanne Elias firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP of Programs: Courtney Riley email@example.com
- Parliamentarian: Elizabeth Harrigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recording Secretary: Cindy Murphy email@example.com
- Principal: Martel Price firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP of Communications: Belinda Salvadei email@example.com
- Financial Secretary: Laura Mytels firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP of Development: Shelly Cox email@example.com
- VP of Sports: Dunia Wilder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Rep: Amara Romero email@example.com
- Teacher Rep: Keith Debro firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a few committees and key roles held by parents and Tech staff. We invite you to join a committee or create your own.
- Auction Committee: Leslie Ayers email@example.com
- Black Family Summmit/Parent Group: Ladonna Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bullhorn E-Newsletter: Jacqueline Arnoldy email@example.com
- College Mentoring (CMC): Nadirah Stills firstname.lastname@example.org and Jennifer West email@example.com
- Education Advocacy: Star Lightner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green Tech: Andrea Dooley email@example.com
- HBCU Tour: Nadirah Stills firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents On Duty: Lisa Spielman email@example.com
- Performing Arts: Susy Hovland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ride for a Reason (R4R): Paul Vetter email@example.com
- Science: Franco DeMarinis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Ed Families: Keith Debro email@example.com
- Sports Boosters: Dunia Wilder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tech Events Committee: Elaina Garvin email@example.com
- Website: Tricia McGillis firstname.lastname@example.org
There are lots of ways to stay in-the-know about Tech goings-on — and they’re all outlined on the Communications page. Questions? Please contact email@example.com and we’ll do our best to answer, or submit your events here.
Here’s contact information:
- Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groups.IO Discussion Group Moderator: Star Lightner OaklandTech@groups.io
Joining the PTSA gives you a voice in how PTSA funds are spent and the chance to vote on leadership positions. Join today, right here and now.
Want to help?
We’d love your support! Contact a PTSA Board member or committee chair to see how and where you can pitch in to make a difference.
Donated? Thank You!
Your donation is tax deductible within the limits set by law, and may be matched by your employer. The Oakland Tech PTSA Tax ID is 94-6174624.