College & Career Readiness
The Future Center supports Castlemont students to develop their plans for life after high schools. The college access team provides college and career information, one on one advising sesions, and college application and scholarship support. We offer a robust network of pre-college programming through the Future Center to ensure all students are able to explore their interests and passions.. Each college readiness partner organization aims to make sure that all Castle students 9-12:
- have an assigned college advisor,
- understand A-G requirements,
- explore various postsecondary pathways,
- understand and apply for financial aid (FAFSA, DREAM) and scholarships, and
- have access to tutoring.
Castlemont is an Oakland Promise School. Through the Oakland Promise partnership the Future Center was established as a school based advising hub. This connection has recreated a space on Castlemont’s campus where college access partners are able to align services to best address the postsecondary needs of students grades 9-12. Oakland Promise provides:
- college application support,
- technology access for students,
- mentoring, and
- scholarship support to make college affordable.
Students at 2-year and technical colleges will receive up to $1,000 per year while students at 4-year colleges will receive up to $4,000 per year. Mentoring is an optional yet encouraged component of the Oakland Promise Scholarship regardless of postsecondary route. Castlemont partners with the following programs that help ensure students graduate ready for success in college, or in a career of their choice. All programs provide one on one college advising, financial aid and scholarship application assistance, and college application support, and there are opportunities for participation for all students, grades 9-12.
- Eastbay Consortium
- Destination College Advising Corps
- Mills Educational Talent Search
- Upward Bound, Holy Names
- Upward Bound, UC Berkeley
- Upward Bound, Mills College
For College Readiness support, contact:
College & Career Readiness Specialist