Host an OUSD Student Intern during the Academic Year!
- For afterschool internships open to all OUSD students, please enter details here and also email the list of Work-Based Learning Leads from all OUSD schools (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will help to find excellent matches. For school-year afterschool internships, offering a stipend or pay is often helpful in recruitment efforts however OUSD does not currently have resources available to pay students during the year.
- School Day Internships (unpaid): The following schools support students to engage in internships prior to 3PM, have dedicated staff to monitor and support students in internships all year, and have consciously built a culture in which all students from specific grade levels are expected to do internships:
- MetWest: Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday schedules are possible. Students from all grade levels available during the day with possible start times ranging from 11:00 to 12:30. Minimum 6 hours per week. Start date: Any time late August - October. End date: Mid May. More info/sign-Up here. Contact: email@example.com
- CCPA: Minimum 2 hours per week. Sept 6 - May 1. Most students are free from school Tues, Thurs, and Friday afternoons starting at Noon / 3PM other days. More info. You must be open to at total of 6 interns or more. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Street Academy: Students available all day on Wednesdays for internships, September - May. 2-8 hours a week. Contact: email@example.com
- Life Academy: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pathway based partnerships: If you hope to develop a partnership with a specific OUSD school or career pathway, to offer paid internships or short-term career exposure opportunities please contact the Work-Based Learning Lead for the specific school, or email email@example.com for guidance.
Host OUSD Student Interns Next Summer!
- Learn: Click here to read a 1 page description of OUSD's teacher-supported summer internship program, ECCCO (Exploring College, Career, and Community Options). Summer internships are generally paid - either directly by internship host sites, or via subsidies provided by the OUSD and by schools to a limitted number of partners who offer excellent internships but are unable to pay.
- Pre-Commit to Hosting Summer Interns: Complete the short form at bit.ly/OUSDinternship2023 (You will be asked to complete a more detailed form in December/January)
- Recruit: Reach out to the Work-Based Learning Lead at specific schools to arrange classroom presentations, or email the WBL lead at all schools at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Prospective Internship Hosts
- Internship agreement and release of liability form (to be signed individually by host site, student, parent/guardian, school staff)
- Insurance information for internship hosts
- OUSD's standard intern performance evaluation form: bit.ly/OUSDinternperformance
- Intern Host Guidance Slides (Designed for summer 2022 but relevant to year-round internships)
- Rubric for designing quality internship experiences for youth
For all unanswered questions related to hosting OUSD student interns email: email@example.com
For students seeking internship or jobs, please go to: ousd.org/studentcareeropps