SUDA S.O.U.L. Sustain Your Health & Happiness, Open Your Heart & Mind, Use Your Power for Common Good, Love Yourself & Your Community
Sustainable Urban Design Academy
Vist the SUDA Community Website
It is a fundamental belief that the planet is in dire need of sustainable environmental action and that justice means equity for all communities. Students will work towards sustaining and improving their community by building skills that will help them become leaders for a just and sustainable future.
The Sustainable Urban Design Academy (SUDA) empowers students through a highly rigorous, engaging and supportive learning environment to graduate prepared for college, career and life as designers and leaders of movements towards a sustainable and just world.
Work Based Learning
- Employment: Design and Engineering is a leading Bay Area employment sector
- Skills: Adv. Manufacturing, Computer design, 3D modeling, carpentry, urban agriculture, food production.
- Degrees/Careers: Architecture, Engineering, Design, Food Production, Entrepreneurship, Computer Design, Technical, among others.
- 9th – Sustainable Urban Energy (science class)
- 10th – Green Urban Design (food systems)
- 11th – Urban Ecology (environmental design)
- 12th – Senior Seminar
- 11-12th Carpentry - Dual Enrollment with Laney College, Oakland
- 10-12th Urban Agroecology - Dual Enrollment with Merritt College, Oakland
- Sustainable Design Thinking and Social Innovation
- Research and Analysis for Action
- Interpersonal and Critical Thinking Skills
For more information about SUDA:
SUDA Lead Teacher