Supporting our Staff
Right now, OUSD students need their teachers and caring adults in their lives more than ever. After the disruption caused by having to abruptly move to online learning in the spring, we are all concerned about unfinished learning.
And with distance learning playing a prominent role in all our reopening instructional models, we know we will have to focus all our efforts on keeping students connected with the school community and engaged in learning, even when we’re not with them in the same space.
But we also know that the care and well-being of our staff is critical to the success and well-being of our students, and with that in mind, we hope that some of these resources will help answer many of the questions that may be on the minds of our staff returning to duty for the fall. We have been working throughout the summer and fall of 2020 to build out our internal contact tracing systems, provide access to COVID testing at OUSD sites across the district, purchase PPE and safety signage, and establish Safety Leads at each of our schools. We may still be in uncertain times, but we are committed to doing all that we can to support our staff in being safe, healthy, and well.
We are profoundly grateful to all of our staff members who have been working and leading these past few months in such challenging circumstances. We have made tremendous strides in our Distance Learning program and we have innovated safe ways to support students on campus.
- COVID-19 Prevention Tips
- Social Distancing measurements within the workplace
- How to wear face coverings
- Stop Germs - wash your hands
- COVID-19: Manager's Tips & Tools for Motivating remorte Staff to Stay Engaged and Productive
- How to Navigate Conversations During the COVID-19 Pandemics
*Edited on 12/22/2020
- Employee Assistance Program
- OUSD Staff Wellness Guide
- Mental health and coping during COVID-19
- Mental Health Action Guide