ESL College & Career Readiness Pathways
In coordination with the Northern Alameda Consortium for Adult Education, we look forward to adding a College & Career Readiness Pathway Program to serve more adults in our community.
This new program will:
- Provide adults (18+ years old) with the basic English, math, English as a Second Language and study skills to successfully transition to academic and career technical education studies in the community college, or to gainful employment
- Progress through a sequence of leveled classes
- Develop academic skills in the context of college and career readiness
- Receive guidance and support in transitioning to the community college
Students in Academic Transition courses will:
- Be prepared with the reading, writing and math skills to successfully transition to GED preparation courses, community college courses and/or employment.
Students in the English as a Second Language (ESL) courses will:
- Improve speaking, listening, reading, writing and vocabulary development and grammar skills to successfully transition to community college courses, academic transition
*CDE Course Titles: Special ESL, Beginning ESL, Intermediate ESL, ESL Multi-level, Advanced ESL, Basic English and Basic Mathematics