The Harvest for Learning Auction is a key fundraiser for the school, the biggest in fact with a goal to raise $100,000 this year! The signature event will be held at Mills College on November 16th, 2019.
Some of the critical initiatives this will fund include:
- Group Specialists that help in the classrooms
- Art and Garden programs
- H.U.G.S. (Helping Us Grow Stronger) to support social and emotional wellness
- Replacing and updating the iPads, Chromebooks and other technology in classrooms
- And much, much more!
How Can You Help?
There are several ways you can make a difference!
- Donate an item or a service for us to auction off.
- Host a party (or heck, multiple parties!)
- Volunteer for some of the zillion tasks necessary to make the magic happen.
There are tons of tasks, large and small, that have to happen in order to pull this thing off. Some effort will be needed each week while a lot will be needed on the day of (November 16). Join the “Auction--Harvest for Learning” committee on Konstella or email Darren Raveneau at email@example.com. Trust me, we’ll find a way for you to help!!
HOST A PARTY
Parties are generally hosted by parents or teachers. Target audiences might be just adults, kids-only, entire families, or you can take all comers. You pick the theme, the price, the maximum number of guests, etc., and work with our party coordinator to secure a date. For more information about parties, ideas from past years, and things to consider when donating/planning a party, check out our helpful hints & FAQ here
Hosting a party is perhaps the easiest way to make a huge contribution because they generate the largest portion of total auction revenue. And they are great ways to connect with the awesome people that make up our RHS community.
We’re trying to make the submission process easier than ever. If you would like to host a party please submit the details via this Google form (Sign up here), by November 1. The earlier you submit your form the better the chance you’ll get the date that you want. We will do our best to not have overlapping events.
Questions? Contact Jen Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her help.
ONLINE AUCTION BIDDING
Our team has acquired a fantastic array of donations from local & national businesses and individuals in our community. Your chance to WIN items in the Online Auction is happening Oct. 18 through Nov. 2. Website link to bid on items will come on Oct. 18 with over 230 items!! Ready... set... bid!!
Not sure what to give? Send Jill an email (or give her a call) to work on it together: email@example.com or 408-806-4955.
WINE BOTTLE DONATIONS
Is your wine cellar or bar filled to bursting? Every year we collect bottles of wine for the auction - Red or white, bubbly, or premium liquor bottles valued at $15 and up. Bring your unopened bottles of medium/high end wine/spirits/beer at the morning drop off lane from Monday Nov. 5th – Friday Nov. 15th.
Questions? Contact Stacy Foster Martz at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's easy to sell Raffle Tickets! Earn 1 FREE admission ticket to the auction for every 4 books sold (40 tickets). And the top student seller wins $100 cash! Collections will be on Fridays at morning drop off, look for someone with the yellow raffle flag, or give your envelope to your teacher. Need more tickets? Grab them on collection days, or indicate how many books on your envelope.
Questions? Contact Kala Renz at email@example.com
DÉCOR & PUMPKINS
Have any autumn decorations to contribute? Or planning a beautiful, uncarved pumpkin arrangement for your home or front porch for Halloween that you can part with by Nov. 15th?
Please contact Jennifer Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUCTION DONATION IDEAS
Donate an item or service… Donation Form is here
· Season ticket holders? Donate a pair of tickets to a game, opera, theater, museum, or ballet night.
· Contact your place of business, gym, salon, dentist, accountant, favorite boutique or florist and ask that they donate a gift certificate.
· Behind-the-scenes tour of a special business.
· Offer time at your vacation home, AirBnB or timeshare.
· Donate your skill or services such as web design, DJ a party, home organization, construction or photography.
· Provide a soup of the month, or dessert of the month. Or a deliver your home-cooked meal for 4 to another RHS family.
· Donate a CSA delivery or a wine club shipment.
· Be creative and submit your own idea!
Online auction catalog will be posted on Oct 18th. Please contact Jill Oringer at email@example.com or 408-806-4955
…or how about throwing a party?
· NOSH! Share your culture through food and host a dinner party. (Sushi, Indian, Italian, Paella, Chinese, Ethiopian, you name it)
· GAME NIGHT! Family game night, poker night for the guys, or teach others to play a game like mah-jong or rummy.
· JUST FOR KIDS! Have a backyard movie night, pizza night, popsicle party, or field trip on a school day-off.
· GREAT OUTDOORS! Organize a camping trip, backyard campfire with smores, mini-golf, hike your favorite trail, or a local bike ride.
· THEME PARTY! 70’s disco, Mardi Gras, Oscar Night, Superbowl, Luau, or Tea party.
· JUST DESSERTS! Have a holiday cookie decorating party, an ice cream social, or make cupcakes with the kids.
· GET CRAFTY! Create arts & crafts, build a fairy garden, jewelry/beading, Valentine cards, or painting night.
PARTY HOSTING F.A.Q.
What does it mean to “host” or donate a party?
Pre-auction responsibilities of the host(s)
- Sets the details of the party - the date, number of attendees, activity, cost
- If desired, identify co-costs for your party to help share the work and/or costs of throwing
Post-auction responsibilities of the host(s)
- Cover the costs of the party - food, art supplies, registration/venue fees, whatever is needed to throw party
- Send save the date to the list of attendees within two weeks of the auction. (guest list will be provided after the Auction)
- Send an invitation closer to the date of the actual party/event to confirm attendees, provide any additional details (i.e. exact location, time, etc)
How do people hear about my party?
The details of each party will be included in the online auction catalog published ~end of October, so everyone can preview what they are interested in signing up for, check their calendars, and be ready to sign-up at the auction event.
How do people signup to attend my party?
At the auction evening on November 3rd there will be sign-up sheets for each donated party. The sign-up sheet will include the name of the party, date, and host(s) name(s), and the number of spots that you indicate are available. The interested person puts their name and bidder number on the sheet and gets charged that evening. Their contribution goes directly to RHS PTA.