The Skyline High School Counseling Department is an integral component of the district’s total program. The department is staffed with a cadre of professional school counselors who take seriously the charge to implement and support a comprehensive school counseling program. Our program is designed to meet the academic, personal/social and career developmental needs of all students and is organized into three components -- Academic Counseling/Guidance, College and Career Advising and Access, and Personal and Social Counseling. We will fulfill this goal by advocating for all students’ educational needs and ensuring that these needs are addressed at every level of the school experience—exposing and removing systemic barriers ie. race and class-based fault lines which impede the academic success of any student.
Our program supports the cognitive and affective development of each student by valuing individual uniqueness, multicultural diversity and promotes the maximum development of each student’s potential.
We also will work diligently and cooperatively with all interdependent system to achieve goals that we believe cannot be achieved by entities working alone.
Our focus is on equity, access and high academic achievement of every student from every socio-economic and racial background.
We will work with teachers and administration to deliver the developmental curriculum and with parents and the broader community who are vested in our students and their ability to acquire transferable skills in academics, vocational, and social development for college, quality jobs, or career education.
Request a Transcript
Are you a former student in need of a transcript?The OUSD is responsible for the archiving of student permanent records of former and alumni Oakland USD students. Oakland Unified is now offering a convenient and secure website for former students, other school districts and corporations to request transcripts and student records online. Please note, if you have withdrawn at any time during the current school year, contact the last school attended for copies of records.
Oakland USD policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) mandates that student records be available only to those who have authorization from the student or parent, guardian or responsible person if the student is under 18 years of age. If the student is 18 years of age or older, school records will not be released to a parent, guardian, or responsible person without the student’s written consent.
Please note the information below:
- Click here to be directed to OUSD ordering site
- All requests for student records/information will be submitted & paid for online using a credit or debit card
- Phone, mail, or fax requests will no longer be accepted
- Please allow up to 10 business days to process student records orders
- You will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to notify you of the status of your order. It is important you read those emails carefully as additional information may be required to process your request
- All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any inaccurate information may result in your record not being processed. All communication with regard to your order, payment, our progress, and the records delivery wi