Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Work this weekend will consist of exterior painting and touch-ups across campus.- Handrail, fencing and gate installation is in its final phase across campus.- Lower yard yard work is nearing completion.- The programming of lights across campus is being completed.- While the bulk of furniture has been installed on campus, a small quantity of outstanding items are expected shortly. Classrooms have begun to take shape.- For approximately the next week, there will be an onsite security guard from 6pm - 6am patrolling the exterior of the school while we continue the process of testing the intrusion alarm system. When the system has been finalized, the service will no longer be necessary.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building