Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached are:- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule- Photos of points of interest across campus (see descriptions below).What to expect on campus September 3 - September 16:- The application of stucco to the exterior of the building has begun on the north side of campus (at the fire lane, as well as at the upper yard courtyard, and around the multi purpose room.) This first coast of stucco is called the scratch coat which is considered a base layer of stucco with horizontal lines scratched into it. A brown coat, to ensure evenness, and a top coat, for finish texture, will follow in the coming weeks.Picture below show this installation. The first photo shows a point on the exterior where the first coat of stucco has been applied, next to and area awaiting the application.- Tilling in hallways and bathrooms is nearly complete with work remaining on the upper floor.- Taping and painting of hallways has begun.- Bathroom epoxy flooring has been completed, and bathroom fixtures are now being installed.- Sheet-rocking is nearly complete in the multi purpose room.- Grinding and polishing of basement floors is to begin in the next week or so.- Work at the front of the school continues with infilling and grading of the areas surrounding entrance ramps, the oak tree, and planters. Dirt is being compacted in this area as well and preparations for concrete walls are in process.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building