Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.What to expect on campus January 6 -20:- Construction activities this weekend will likely be limited to work indoors. This work includes woodwork and trim installation, electrical work, and light installation.- After Friday's (1/10/20) concrete work on La Cresta Ave., much of the remaining site work will take place out of view, on the sides and interior courtyard of the site. This grading, back-filling and further concrete work will all be dependent on weather conditions. Rain is forecast for next week, and thus this work and its progress may be delayed.- Sectional aluminum doors have been installed in the multi purpose room, and painting is in progress in this space.- Wooden bench seating, outside the multi purpose room, in the main lobby and library, has been installed and is awaiting finish work. These benches are being finished with salvaged maple from Glenview's original gym floor. The wood must be prepped off-site and will be stained after installation.- Interior doors, lighting, wood trim, radiators, and in-classroom sink hardware are being installed across campus.- Installation of ceramic tile throughout the building is nearly complete.
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building