Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached is:- The 4 Week Look ahead Schedule
What to expect on campus March 8-22:-Much of the exterior and outdoor work on campus has been on hold due to the continued rain. Drier weather is forecast for next week.- Limited exterior wall framing and metal seam roofing have been done in short increments when weather permitted.- Initial installation of roof access ladders has begun.- Weather permitting, sheet rock and initial glass work will be installed on classrooms facing the portico, on the East Main Building.- Interior rough-ins continue from basement through 2nd floor, including electrical and duct work, hallway and partition framing.Site Furniture Update:- OUSD and Glenview staff met to finalize classroom furniture details, including storage needs, accent colors, and desk configurations.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building