Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Attached are:- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule- Photos of: preparations for stucco on the exterior of the school, tile installation in the kindergarten hallway, an interior stairwell.What to expect on campus July 8 -July 22:- Window installation and testing continues across the site.- Exterior work continues in preparation for the application of stucco later in the summer. This includes installation of stucco paper, mesh, and lateral supports.- Installation of tile in Kindergarten bathrooms and main hallway is in process.- Sheetrock installation is nearly compete across campus.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building