Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.- Handrail installation continues across campus.- Interior wood benches have received their finish coats.- Landscaping installations are thriving, picnic table placements are being prepared, and the Portico finish work is complete.- Installation of playmatting at the upper and lower yards is in progress.- Library books from Santa Fe have been delivered to Glenview’s library.- Installation of interior safety and location signage is nearly complete.- Commissioning of the building’s mechanical systems continues.- Furniture remains on track to be installed the week of 7/13.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building