Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.
- The 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule
What to expect on campus May 17 - May 27 :
- Windows are being installed across campus, with installation moving from west to east. Window testing will commence June 3rd. Wall finishing will follow once windows pass water intrusion testing.
- Installation of louvers and skylight lens on the east roof of the school will take place approximately May 23 - May 28. Remaining built-up roofing (BUR) will be completed approximately May 31 - June 14 using the torched-on process, heating at the exact point of work. This process produces little to no fumes. ACC Environmental will be notified of these work dates 2 days prior to this work's start, and will arrive on campus the day this work begins to install appropriate air monitoring equipment.
-Walls are insulated and there is sheet rock installed on one side of many walls prior to inspections. Many of these walls will get their second side of sheet rock after the windows have been seal-tested and approved.
- Interior rough-in work is being inspected. Once passed, insulation and sheet rock to follow.
- Site work, outside the buildings, is focusing on street-to-site preparations for utilities. The goal is to have all trenching, pipes, conduits ready for connection to the site itself after scaffolding is removed.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building