Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus December 2 - 16:- Construction activities this weekend will likely be limited to work indoors as heavy rain is forecast. This work includes woodwork and trim installation, electrical work, and light installation.- Grading and back filling on site are hampered by wet weather conditions, with limited work taking place along La Cresta and the fire lane.- Kitchen equipment has been delivered and installation will begin next week.- Wooden bench seating, outside the multi purpose room and in the main lobby, has been installed and is awaiting finish work.- Sliding white boards have been installed on cabinetry in classrooms across campus.- Hallway painting and tile work are being completed in the second story hallways, and accent windows are being installed in various locations throughout the building.- Radiator placement and installation are starting in the Kindergarten classrooms.
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building