Now Hiring Teachers for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Fremont High School is a 9th-12th grade school dedicated to providing a rigorous, inclusive and equitable education to Oakland students.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who embody the following values:
- Are deeply committed to equity and social justice and a passion for building relationships with a diverse set of students, teachers and families in an urban high school
- Are able to personalize learning for all students and support them academically, socially, and emotionally
- Are eager to collaborate and develop project based and interdisciplinary units that engage and empower students in their own learning
- Have a growth mindset about students and families and see them as members of rich cultures who require access to rigorous, relevant and exciting curriculum
- Hold high expectations for students, make data-based decisions and use powerful pedagogical approaches to help students achieve mastery
- Have experience or a strong desire to work with high school students and their families
If you are interested in applying for a position, please complete the following steps:
- Send an introductory email (letter of introduction) to the following: Tom Skjervheim (Co-Principal), Rosemary McAtee (Co-Principal) and Jason.Muniz@ousd.org (Hiring Committee Representative)
- Please attach the most recent version of your resume
- Apply via EdJoin. See specific Fremont job postings below.