CHPS Program Updates
|No Electric Lights Needed during Daylight Hours at Arroyo Viejo. Photo Credit: Kris Knutson|
- Two of our newest projects meeting Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) Criteria are the Child Development Centers at Stonehurst and Arroyo Viejo.
- The La Escuelita Educational Complex, Phase 1, our first zero net energy campus, opened with the start of the 2012-13 school year, while Phase 2 has started construction.
- Montclair Elementary, Havenscourt MS Cafeteria/Classroom building, Highland/RISE Academy, and Washington Elementary have also completed construction, and are in the final commissioning phases.
- Master planning and programming work has been completed for the new Fremont High School replacement campus design, as our first ‘Sustainable Campus Master Plan,’ with zero net energy (ZNE) as a goal.
- OUSD Facilities staff have been successful in garnering $ 2,995,323 in HPI incentive grant funding to date with an estimated minimum of $750,000+ in Unfunded Approvals. Current funding subtotal, including estimated HPI funding for Washington alone is $3,258,983 in extra HPI Incentive Grant funding for our CHPS/HPI schools meeting amongst the highest scoring for CHPS Criteria in the state, at 54-56 points.