Support Cleveland Elementary
Cleveland Elementary's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) works hard to raise money for Cleveland. Funding from the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) has dropped for several years in a row, but Cleveland families have increased their giving each year to bridge the gap. Thank you!
Your donations to the PTA fund pay for: Cleveland's award-winning Ecoliteracy program, music classes for the lower grades, reading tutors, classroom supplies and a teacher wish list fund, and art.
2020's COVID-19 Challenges:
The PTA’s fundraising goal for 2020-21 is $49,000 (less than half of a “typical” year). We have adjusted our fundraising goals in recognition of the unprecedented hardship many families are facing.
At the same time, we are doing our best to raise a limited but adequate amount of money needed to continue enrichment programming. This is approximately $120 per student, or a donation of about $10 a month. If you can contribute more, please consider increasing your contribution to cover other students at Cleveland.
All families are encouraged to contribute to the PTA fund. If we can reach our fundraising goal, we'll be able to pay for the wonderful programs that make Cleveland special.
There are several ways to contribute to Cleveland. All are valued and make a positive impact. If you would like to donate money, please note that Cleveland Elementary PTA is a 501(c)3. Our tax-ID number is 94-6171807, and all donations are tax deductible.
Ways to Contribute:
- Participate in Cleveland’s Annual Fundraising Events
In a typical year, Cleveland hosts several fun events that bring our community together while also raising funds. We can’t do this alone, and this is especially true during the COVID-19 pandemic. These events rely on support from our friends, families, and neighbors, so please help spread the word.
- Fall Donation Drive - This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, from mid-November to early December.
- The Online Auction has been postponed for the 2020-21 school year.
- See’s Candy Sale has been postponed for the 2020-21 school year.
- The Walk-a-Thon typically takes place in April. Every student participates in this community-wide event. Students are encouraged to seek donations from friends and family in support of the Walk-a-Thon. We are working on a COVID-friendly way to host the Walk-a-Thon, stay tuned!
- Family Night Out fundraisers are fun quarterly events. Cleveland families dine at a local restaurant, and a percentage of the price we pay for our meal is donated by the restaurant to the Cleveland PTA fund.
- One-time Donation (Paypal or personal check)
Whether it is $1 or $5,000, your contribution directly impacts enrichment programming at Cleveland. Checks made out to “Cleveland Elementary PTA” can be dropped off in the red PTA box just outside the office. If you leave a donation here during COVID 19 Distance Learning, please email email@example.com for timely processing of your donation.
- Recurring Monthly Contribution
Set up an automatic monthly donation. Visit Cleveland's PayPal page, and check the box that says, “Make this a monthly donation.” The suggested monthly amount is $10-$150, and all contributions are appreciated. Help us meet our goal of enrolling 100 recurring contributors this year!
Note: If the PayPal link above is not working, please visit the homepage and click the yellow "Donate" button under "Support our School."
- Double Your Contribution with Corporate Matching
Corporate matching is an easy way to double or triple what you give to Cleveland. To find out if your employer matches contributions to nonprofits, ask your Human Resources or Community Giving department.
If you need a receipt or acknowledgement for your company, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may check this list of Bay Area companies that have employee-giving programs.
- Sponsor a Program
If you or someone you know is interested in making a more substantial contribution to sponsor an enrichment program (eco-literacy, art, etc.), please contact Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com for more information.