- We are a Title 1 Achievement School!
- Our tight-knit school community has small-town feel, but with a wealth of diversity only found in unique places like the Bay Area.
- We host several fun community and cultural events throughout the year to foster strong relationships between parents, students, and the school.
- Our holistic approach to education includes not just the core subjects of reading, writing and math, but also:
- Science and environmental hands-on learning experiences in our Ecoliteracy program
- Regular art classes through Museum of Children's Art (MOCHA) and
- Music classes through Cantare Con Vivo.
- Our teachers are all fully credentialed, have over 10 years average teaching experience, and are all members of our PTA. They are passionate about teaching and it shows!
- We have two libraries fully stocked with current titles. We offer weekly classroom library visits and allow students to check out books for home use.
- Our student support resources include psychologists, a speech therapist, and a team of one-on-one tutors from Experience Corps.
- We encourage parent involvement and participation on many levels.
This is just some of what makes Cleveland Elementary a gem among Oakland Unified School District schools.
Questions? E-mail the PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org