In 8th Grade, Roosevelt Students take 6 courses:
- Humanities (English Language Arts and Social Studies content)
- STED (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Design)
- Physical Education on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- An Elective (Music, Create Studio, Computer Science, or Study Skills) on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Advisory on Mondays and Fridays
8TH GRADE PROMOTION CEREMONY
8th grade promotion will be on Thursday, May 30th, 2019 from 2:30-3:30pm
Criteria to Participate in the Ceremony:
- 2.0 grade point average for the year
- Pass Advisory
- Attend promotion ceremony rehearsal the week before the promotion ceremony
NOTE: In order to receive a promotion certificate, students must have no outstanding debts and return all novels and textbooks.
8TH GRADE DINNER/DANCE
Criteria to Be Eligible for the Dinner/Dance:
- No suspensions in the last marking period.
- Five or fewer referrals in the last marking period.
- Five or fewer tardies or class cuts in the last marking period.
- No outstanding debts and returned all novels and textbooks
- Cleared all tardies
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Assistant Principal Joao Solomon (Joao.Solomon@ousd.org)