Roosevelt has 2 key structures in place to support 6th grade students as they adjust to middle school life.1. 6th grade classes are in their own area of the school.2. 6th grade students have a separate lunch period.By separating them from 7th and 8th grade students, our 6th graders will have their own space to transition into middle school.
In 6th Grade, all Roosevelt Students take 7 courses:
- Humanities (English Language Arts and Social Studies content)
- STED (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Design)
- Physical Education on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- An Elective (Music, Art / Computer Science, Reading Intervention, or Study Skills) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Advisory on Wednesdays
- X-Block on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (this class supports students' personalized learning needs in reading, English language development, math, engineering, music, art, or computer science)