Welcome to the Talent Division
COVID-19 Service Adjustment Message
Greetings OUSD Staff,
As our District continues to respond to the COVID-19 crisis, the health and safety of our students, families and employees remains our top priority. The entire Talent Division is working hard during this uncertain time to ensure that all employees receive the support they need without interruption.
We have been analyzing our systems and adapting them to meet the needs of our new virtual reality. The result is improvements and efficiencies that will continue when we return to the office. The work OUSD employees do is critical to our future and our students' futures, and we’re committed to being there when you need us the most.
- For updates on district-wide operations and policy related to Coronavirus,
- See the OUSD COVID-19 Employee Information page
- If you are a prospective employee and need to contact us about Talent services,
- See our Prospective Employees page
- Or contact Recruitment@ousd.org for general questions
Please stay informed and safe! We are here to help.
- If you are a current or former employee and need to contact us about Talent Services,
Chief Talent OfficerThe Talent Division is the keeper of the OUSD employee experience. We are responsible for recruiting, hiring and impeccably supporting OUSD's more than 4,500 active employees to ensure a healthy and stable workforce that can effectively serve Oakland's children and families to ensure every student and every family thrives!We provide services ranging from one-on-one employee consultation and assistance to strategic support for schools and all departments. Please browse the links at left to learn more and contact us for assistance!
Our Commitment to Nondiscrimination
OUSD NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
OUSD prohibits unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) against any student, employee, or other person participating in district programs and activities, including, but not limited to, those programs or activities funded directly by or that receive or benefit from any state financial assistance, based on the person's actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital, pregnancy, or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Government Code 11135, or Penal Code 422.55 or equity or compliance with Title IX, or based on his/her association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (5 CCR 4610). BOARD POLICY 0410. BOARD POLICY 1312.3. BOARD POLICY 4030. BOARD POLICY 5143.3. BOARD POLICY 5145.7.
- Complaint forms are available at school sites, on the district webpage at www.ousd.org/ombudsperson, at the Office of the Ombudsperson located at 1000 roadway, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Oakland, CA, 94607, or via telephone 510-879-4281.
- For Parent/Student Discrimination, Equity or Title IX Concerns, please contact: Ombudsperson/Title IX Coordinator at www.ousd.org/complaints or 510-879-4281.
- For Employee Discrimination concerns, please contact: Deputy Chief, Talent Division at www.ousd.org/talent or 510-879-0159. The Talent Division Office is located at 1000 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Suite 295, Oakland, CA 94607.
OUSD complaint procedures and non-discrimination policies::
Talent Division Announcements
OUSD is Hiring for 20-21!
Although conditions are challenging right now, we continue to seek individuals who share our commitment to equity and to Oakland's students!
- TEACHERS - We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and equity-centered future educators for Oakland students. Please fill out this interest form and we will be in touch with you.
- ALL POSITIONS: Please visit our Prospective Employees page to find out more about joining OUSD for the coming school year!