Parcel Tax Exemptions: Overview
Oakland School District announces Measures G, G1, and H Parcel Tax Exemption applications for 2023-24 are now available.
The deadline for submitting the Exemption Application is July 7, 2023
Late applications cannot be processed for exemption.
Parcel Tax Measures
- Measure G, passed by Oakland voters on 2/5/08, is a special tax of $195 per year on each parcel of taxable real‐property in the city.
- Measure G1, passed by Oakland voters on 11/8/16 for 12 years, is a $120 per parcel special tax on each taxable parcel in the city.
- Measure H, passed by Oakland voters on 11/8/22 for 14 years, is a $120 per parcel special tax on each taxable parcel in the city.
- A Very Low Income Exemption is available for Measures G and G1. The exemption is authorized for owner‐occupied single‐family residential units if the combined family income (from all sources from 1/1/22‐12/31/22) is at or below the income level qualifying as “very low income” for a family of such size under Section 8 of the U.S. Housing Act (42 U.S.C.A, 1437 et seq.). Eligible owners must apply for the exemption each year.
- A Supplemental Security Income Exemption is available for Measure H. The exemption is authorized for any parcel owned by a person or jointly owned by persons receiving Supplemental Security Income for a disability, regardless of age. Eligible owners must apply for the exemption each year.
- A Social Security Disability Insurance Exemption is available for Measure H. The exemption is authorized for any parcel owned by a person or jointly owned by persons receiving Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, regardless of age, whose yearly income does not exceed 250 percent of the most recently available tax year’s federal poverty guidelines issued by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Eligible owners must apply for the exemption each year.
- A Senior Citizen Exemption is available for single‐family residential units owned and occupied by senior citizens for Measures G1 and H. Eligible senior citizens do not need to renew the exemption each year.
RENEW OR APPLY FOR YOUR EXEMPTION
- Applications are available via the District's website, www.ousd.org/parceltax. For assistance, contact the District’s Parcel Tax Help Desk at (510) 879‐8611 (Monday‐Friday, 8 am to 3 pm).
- Submit applications via mail to: Oakland Unified School District, Parcel Tax Exemption, 1011 Union Street, Oakland, CA 94607, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete the application in its entirety and ensure that the required documentation is submitted along with the application.
- Deadline for submitting the Exemption Application is July 7, 2023. Late applications cannot be processed for exemption.
- Questions? Visit www.ousd.org/parceltax, call (510) 879-8611, or email email@example.com.
2023-24 Parcel Tax Exemption Applications in English, Chinese & Spanish
Submit your application
All Parcel Tax Renewal Forms and Exemption Applications must be submitted by the July 7, 2023 deadline in one of the following ways:
OUSD Fiscal Services Office
1011 Union Street
Oakland, CA 94607