Attend a Legislative (Board, Committee, Commission) Meeting
For Zoom Meeting Video Link, click "Agenda".
For Granicus Meeting Video Link, click "In Progress" at meeting start time.
Hybrid Meetings for the 2023-24 School Year
OUSD Board of Education, Commission, and Committee meetings, subject to the CA Brown Act, are hybrid meetings, meaning that community members can attend in-person at the meeting site location stated in the published Agenda or virtually.
Schools/District Councils, e.g., Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP), Community Advisory Committee - Special Eduction (CAC), English Language Learners Committee, subject to the CA Greene Act, are held virtually only as noticed.
To Attend In-Person:
- Masks are strongly recommended.
- Please join virtually (rather than in person) if you do not feel well in any way, or have any other reason for concern.
- Live public comment will be possible both for those in-person and virtually via Zoom. eComment will continue as before, as well.
- Members of the public attending in person who ask for translation will be given a laptop and headphones to log onto Zoom.
To Attend Virtually:
- Scroll up and click on the LIVE VIDEO link (detailed instructions on accessing meeting and making public comments at the bottom of this page)
- Live public comment will be possible both for those in-person and virtually via Zoom. eComment will continue as before, as well. Scroll up and click on eCOMMENT.
- Translation will happen via Zoom.
How to watch and participate in a Legislative Meeting
- To observe a Zoom meeting by video conference, please click on LINK at the noticed meeting Agenda. Instructions on how to join a meeting by video conference.
- To listen a Zoom meeting by phone, please call at the noticed meeting time the phone number listed in the Agenda, then enter the Webinar Id listed in the Agenda. Each will be different for each meeting. If asked for a participant id or code, press #. Instructions on how to join a meeting by phone.
- To observe a Granicus meeting online (other than via video conference), at the noticed meeting time, please scroll down this page (or go to https://ousd.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx) and click on the “In Progress” link under “Video” for the corresponding meeting.
There are three ways to make a public comment within the time allotted for public comment on an eligible Agenda item:
- To comment by video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda item. You will then be unmuted, during your turn, and allowed to make public comments. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions on how to "Raise Your Hand."
- To comment by phone, you will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda Item. You will then be unmuted, during your turn, and allowed to make public comments. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions of how to raise your hand by phone.
- eComment. Please click on https://ousd.legistar.com/Calendar.aspxand click on the “eComment” link under “eComment” for the corresponding meeting. Please note that eComment submissions closes fifteen (15) minutes before posted meeting time or may be available during the entire meeting period. We are working asap to implement the latter.