The Benefits Office understands the importance of balancing your professional and personal life. We administer benefit services for OUSD employees, retirees, and their eligible dependents.
OUSD benefit programs include:
- Medical (Kaiser, Sutter Health Plus)
- Delta Dental
- VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter and Health & Dependent Care Tax Free Spending Accounts
- 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
Did you know you can view your own Benefits coverage on the Escape Employee Portal?
Our COVID19 safety protocols allow you to submit all Benefits enrollment forms electronically. Enrollment forms for new hires and positions changes are sent to employees via Docusign, please check your email for these forms and contact your Employee Support Specialist if you do not see them.
Please note that changes to your Benefits can only be made:
- Within 30 days of hire or change in Bargaining Unit/FTE - (NEW HIRE, or you have CHANGED POSITIONS and qualify to change your benefits. Forms will come to you via your Employee Support Specialist
- Within 30 days of a Qualifying Event - (ADDITION OF DEPENDENT such as birth, adoption, marriage, etc). Your Leave Coordinator will send you forms, or you may request forms from the Benefits office at BENEFITS@ousd.org
- During Open Enrollment (typically the month of May)- Once a year, employees have the chance to change their Benefits Elections to be effective the following year. If you have not had a qualifying event, this is your opportunity to change your benefits.
:If you have questions, please contact the Benefits Team at BENEFITS@ousd.org.Healthcare Providers:
Sutter Health Plus 855-315-5800
Delta Dental 866-499-3001
Wage Works 800-950-0105 (Flexible Spending Accounts)For billing Issues for Retirees and/or Cobra participants, please contact: Basic Pacific 916-303-7100
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help you now.
As an OUSD employee, you can get a few free therapy sessions through the Employee Assistance Program, offered through Ability Assist - The Hartford Group.