This is your Principal Ms. Taylor with the Weekly Update for Friday, October 4, 2019. Today we hosted Grade Level Assemblies to remind our scholars of the expectations that they are to uphold here at Westlake. Please check in with you scholar about these expectations.
- Report Cards: Report Cards were distributed to scholars this past Monday and mailed home on Tuesday. If you have not received your scholars report card please contact our School Counselor, Ms. Nguyen.
- Clipper Cards: If your scholar has not picked up their Clipper Card please have them stop by the main office and speak with Ms. Ebado.
- New Academic Support Programs for Scholars: this past Monday, September 30 was the start of MLT or Mastery Learning Time. MLT will take place on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3:35 PM - 4:35 PM. This is a Study Hall style program that will allow scholars to work 1:1 or in small groups with Westlake Teachers to receive support with their homework, projects, etc. If you would like more information about this program, please contact our School Counselor, Ms. Nguyen.
- School Pictures: School pictures and ID cards were distributed to scholars this past Tuesday. All scholars received an ID card and Westlake lanyard. We are asking that scholars wear their ID card and lanyard to school daily. Please support us in making sure your scholar has this with them daily. Make-up picture day will take place on October 29. If you did not purchase pictures during the first sitting or are not satisfied with the package you purchased, simply have your scholar bring the package on October 29 and retake their photo.
- Food Pantry and Family Engagement Night: Thursday, October 10 marks the return of the Westlake Food Distribution and Family Engagement Night. Note: this will also be the evening that we will begin planning for our Annual Haunted House. If you are interested in participating in this event please contact our Community Schools Manager, Mr. Omolade.
- High School Options Fair: Also taking place Thursday, October 10 is our Annual HS Options Fair. While this event is targeted towards 8th Grade Scholars and Parents, all Westlake Families are invited to attend. The fair will take place from 6:00 PM- 7:30PM. Come and gather information about various high schools and the options process.
- After-school Program: The Afterschool Program will be closed on Friday, October 11 for Professional Development. Please plan accordingly.
- No School: There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, October 14 in lieu of Lincoln’s Birthday.
- Parent Volunteers: We are in need of parent volunteers here at Westlake. If you are able to give your time to our community please contact our Community Schools Manager, Mr. Omolade.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Monday, Oct. 7 & Thursday, Oct. 10-Mastery Learning Time- 3:35 PM-4:35 PM
- Thursday, October 10- Food Distribution (3:30PM-6:00PM) Haunted House Planning Meeting (6:00 PM - 6:30 PM), HS Options Fair (6:00 PM - 7:30PM)
- Friday, October 11- Afterschool Program closed for Professional Development
- Monday, October 14- NO SCHOOL in lieu of Lincoln’s Birthday
Those are the updates for Friday, October 4, 2019. Stay fly and SOAR and please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Westlake.