Jan is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
What can you do to prevent human trafficking?
- Watch this 32-min video created by OUSD.
- Review OUSD's Human Trafficking School Safety Protocol.
Click on the link above to see our updated Human Trafficking School Safety Protocol (HTSSP) which includes:
1) Red Flags Tool for staff to submit with COST referrals
2) Detailed steps for COST and/or Human Trafficking (HT) Prevention Leads to take in potential HT situations
For guidance on supporting students at risk of human trafficking, contact:
- Jodi de la Peña, Grant Manager for Human Trafficking Prevention, email@example.com
AND your Behavioral Health Program Manager for non-newcomer students:
- Sandee Simmons, Behavioral Health Program Manager HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Francisco Alvarado, Behavioral Health Program Manager MS email@example.com
OR the Newcomer Program Manager for newcomer students:
- Stephanie Noriega, Newcomer Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also contact your HT Prevention Leads if your school is listed below.
High Schools: Castlemont, Dewey, Fremont, Madison Upper Academy (MPA), McClymonds, Rudsdale Continuation, Rudsdale Newcomer
Middle Schools: Claremont, Frick United Academy of Language, West Oakland MS (WOMS), Urban Promise Academy (UPA)
OUSD received a 3-year federal grant from 2020-23 to provide human trafficking prevention education to staff at the select schools listed below and to all 8th and 9th graders in middle and high schools through Healthy Oakland Teens. If you would like staff training for your school site or have concerns about a student at risk of or experiencing sex and/or labor trafficking, please reach out to Jodi de la Peña, Grant Manager for Human Trafficking Prevention at email@example.com