Credit for Sports
(Updated Aug. 17, 2022)
Per OUSD policy, students are able to earn Physical Education or elective credit for participation in athletics. See Physical Education Requirements. Please note: All 9th grade students are required to take P.E.
- Students may earn P.E. or elective credit for participating in an approved Oakland Athletic League sport during the school year.
- Students may earn 5 credits per sport/season up to a maximum of 15 credits.
- No club sports will be able to receive PE credit in the 2022-2023 school year. The sports below will each get 5 credits (max 10 credits). Cheer will only receive 5 credits for the entire year (winter season).
Sports: Basketball, Soccer, Football, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Girls Lacrosse, Swimming, Track & Field, Wrestling, Badminton, Baseball, Softball
- Coaches must verify student participation throughout the season in both practices and contests, and student-athletes must have maintained eligibility throughout. Contact Tech’s Athletic Director Dr. Alexis Gray-Lawson, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Counselors are provided team rosters showing students who are eligible for credit. Students will then receive their credit automatically. (Unlike Tech’s previous policy, students are not required to write an essay nor pass physical fitness and swim tests.)
If you have any questions, please contact Tech’s Athletic Director Dr. Alexis Gray-Lawson, email@example.com, or a school administrator or counselor.