Oakland Tech Equity Team
The Equity Team’s mission is to cultivate and value diverse populations, while nurturing a sense of belonging by honoring scholars' voices. Our team will be accountable to all scholars by recursively collecting data to address diverse academic needs. We will foster a community where Black and Brown scholars are empowered to thrive when we leverage resources and relationships to develop and maintain cultural awareness. We will collaborate with all stake-holders to lift the values and principles of equity to create responsible citizens who will be leaders and role models in their community.
Our Vision for Educational Excellence:
All scholars will receive a quality education with a focus on college and career, so they can thrive academically regardless of race, economic status or gender through the eradication of systemic barriers.
It is our belief that:
- Oakland Tech’s diversity is a quality to be celebrated, respected and valued.
- Our scholars are gifted, talented, precious, honored and are our future.
- Our scholars have the ability to achieve anything they dare to dream.
- Our scholars deserve resources, materials and opportunities to excel.
- A 21st Century education necessitates racial consciousness, cultural tolerance, disability awareness, and gender impartiality.
- Our scholars deserve our commitment, dedication and nurturing.
- Our scholars deserve excellent instructors who value the tenets of 21st Century teaching and learning, opportunities for college and career, and edifying scholar choice and voice.
- Our scholars have the power to be successful when provided equitable access to a rigorous curriculum that reflects social, economical and global trends and changes.
- It is our calling to extirpate racial, socio-economic and gender predictability within our system.
- Identify current equity needs during distance learning
- Provide equitable access and inclusion for all scholars
- Create rigorous, equitable learning environments to meet the diverse needs of all scholars.
- Promote social justice and racial equality for all scholars
- Honor the diverse cultures and backgrounds of all scholars
- Hold Tech’s systems and policies accountable for the success of our historically underserved scholars
- Provide effective data to school community
- Identify, collaborate with and uplift teams that support equity work
- Create a structure of accountability for all stakeholders
- Leverage resources, network to create more opportunities and positive outcomes for all scholars
- A rigorous teaching and learning environment, measurable data-driven results to augment equitable change
- Deepen adult awareness of instructional bias’, culturally responsive pedagogy, equitable grading practices, effective teaching strategies, and elements of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) through Professional Development
- Augment integration of SEL strategies to promote a healthy learning environment to encourage a model of social and community rectitude