Partnership Process White Paper - A physical guide through the partnership process for site-based partners.
Search for Board Approved Contracts
. Visit Legistar
, our Legislative Information Center. Enter organization's name (case sensitive) in search field and search "All Years" for prior agreements by "Agreement or Contract" or "All Types". If none exist, you do not have a current formal agreement with OUSD.
- When services are being provided to the district, VENDOR shall use either California Department of Justice or Be A Mentor, Inc. (http://beamentor.org/OUSDPartner
) finger-printing and subsequent arrest notification services.
- Here you will find resources designed to help you access and understand education data in OUSD. Enter as a Community Member to look up reports and interact with school data.
Facility Request System
- OUSD is pleased to announce Facilitron
, a new online facility request and rental system designed to provide a positive user experience for all. Through the new system, reservation requests can be submitted easily and will be handled more efficiently. Organizations and community members seeking to rent OUSD facilities will be able to access photos and descriptions of facilities, see real-time availability, get estimated quotes, submit requests at any time, and pay online.
If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or submitting a facility use request, you can contact Facilitron directly at: email@example.com
, or by calling them at: 800-272-2962 ext 1.
- Individuals that are not working on behalf of an outside partner organization should register as volunteers with the Oakland Ed Fund
Guiding Questions for Partners
- This is a list of possible questions that Site Administrators and potential or existing partners should ask themselves before entering into a partnership (or before renewing or expanding an existing partnership, where appropriate).
Partner Check-in Guides - The following check-in guides are designed to facilitate conversation about your partnership. They can be used to set expectations or to check‐in on how a partnership is going. You can use them all or pick the questions that are most useful for your specific partnership and meeting.