What's Next - Enrollment
General Education Students & Families
Each current K-7th grade general education student at Parker Elementary and 5th-7th grade general education students at La Escuelita will receive an Opportunity Ticket, which prioritizes them above neighborhood students for enrollment in the school of their choice.
- Students from schools that are closing or physically moving get an Opportunity Ticket. (The Opportunity Ticket does not apply for Parker or La Escuelita students applying to grades K or 9.)
- Opportunity Ticket students are placed after siblings of current students (and before neighborhood residents), for up to 51% of the remaining seats at their school of choice.
- You do not need to request an Opportunity Ticket - the enrollment preference will be automatically applied to your child’s application.
The first step for families is to learn about other OUSD schools that might be a good fit for their child for the 2022-23 school year.
- We encourage families to explore potential schools using Schoolfinder.
- We also invite you to learn about our Welcoming Schools. Information nights will be scheduled for prospective families beginning the week of February 14, 2022.
- Families can apply online, with a paper form, or via the telephone.
- The Student Welcome Center will contact each family 2-3 times, beginning Monday, February 14, to ensure they are supported throughout the enrollment process.
Special Education Students & Families
For students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) who participate in primarily self-contained instruction (also known as Special Day Classes or SDCs), a designated Welcoming School has been selected for each program continuum. Those schools were selected on the basis of students’ neighborhoods, general education feeder patterns, and the percentage of students with disabilities across campuses. Students will be slated to move to the welcoming campus with their current program to ensure each child has a site assignment.
However, families will also be given the option to select a different site assignment. Each family will be contacted by a member of the Special Education team to review their child’s assignment and share the catalog of school sites with similar programs across each grade level band. Students in SDC programs at impacted schools will be given Opportunity Ticket enrollment priority over incoming students at other campuses that can implement each student’s IEP.
- Main application window: November 15, 2021 - February 18, 2022
- School offers announced to families: March 10, 2022
- Deadline for families to accept/decline offer: March 24, 2022
- Waitlist offers and late application offers: Rolling, from April-August 2022
- Complete back-to-school forms: July 2022
- First day of school: August 2022
If you have questions about submitting your online application or would like support, please reach out to us!
OUSD Student Welcome Center
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text or call 510-879-4600
- To contact the Early Childhood Office for Preschool, text/call (510) 879-8410, or email ECEenroll@ousd.org.