• LEAVE SUPPORT for OUSD Employees

    OUSD's Leave Coordinators are here to support employees who are faced with the need to be off work for an extended period.  


    Please email Leaves@ousd.org if you need to,or think you might need to, request leave. 


    We will schedule a consultation with you to identify the most appropriate leave package. 


    What Qualifies Me For Leave?

    Eligibility for leave will fall under one of two Federal/State Acts: 

    • Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and
    • California Family Rights Act (CFRA)


    Following is more information about each law:


    About Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) 

    Under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), if you have more than 12 months of service with OUSD and have worked at least 1,250 hours in the 12 month period before the date you want to begin your unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons such as;
    • Employee’s own illness
    • Illness of a spouse, parent or child
    • Pregnancy Disability Leave and recovery from birth
    • Military Leave


    About California Family Rights Act (CFRA)

    (CFRA and FMLA eligibility is often paired to support families through pregnancy and birth).
    Under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) also known as ‘parental bonding’, if you have more than 12 months of service with OUSD before the date you want to begin your leave, you may have a right to take unpaid, job-protected leave (CFRA leave). This leave may be up to 12 workweeks in a 12-month period for the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of your child.