Emerson Enrichment Fund's
October “Month of Giving” Campaign.
Happening October 1st through the 31st
This year’s October “Month of Giving” Campaign is a general and direct request to families to help fund key programs not supported by the district. We want to keep programs at our school that enrich the education of all students. With ever-increasing pressure on district funds and less funding from the state, our PTA is setting out to help bridge the resource gap at Emerson. The month of October will be the ONLY time the Fundraising Committee does a straight ask. That being said, it is important to note that since we will not be at school, many of our other annual fundraisers will not be happening this year due to Covid 19 - Halloween Carnival, Walkathon, Swag Sales, etc. Therefore, this is a great and easy way to offer support while stuck at home.
Every dollar that the PTA raises goes towards funding academic, support, and enrichment programs like
- Reading Intervention
- Wellness Grants for Families
- The Library Program
- Mini Grants for staff
- Teacher Supplies
- Professional Development
- Field Trips
- PTA committees and events
- And more!
As an equity focused school, we are not here to set some large dollar amount as a goal, nor are we requesting 100% participation. We only ask that if you can, and are able to give, please consider making a one time or recurring monthly donation during the month of October to help support ALL students at Emerson. As our school and neighborhood continues to gentrify, we want to acknowledge the systems that make this kind of ask difficult and not possible for all our families. This is especially true during these difficult times. So again, please participate, but only if it makes sense for you and your family to do so.
Ways to give:
- Click the link below to make a one time or reoccuring montly donation - PayPal or Debit/Credit cards accepted. Or mail a check to the school.
- If you are an incoming TK/K family, please consider giving the amount of one more month of your preschool tuition.
- Please check with your work and/or community organizations for donation matches.
- Please also consider asking friends, families or community members who might be interested/able to support our school.
- Can't donate now? That's okay! You can donate to the Emerson Enrichment Fund anytime of year. You can make a one time or recurring donation on our page anytime. This month of giving is just an ask that will allow us to collect funds up front, so we can ensure continuous programing this year while distance learning.
Any contributions big or small will go far in giving all of our students’ access to these great programs and a nourishing elementary school experience.
The Emerson PTA is a non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible. Our tax-ID number is: #90-1248617.
Two Easy Ways to Donate:
1. Make a one-time or monthly donation online via PayPal or with a debit/credit card:
2. Write a Check
You can also always write us a check. Make your check out to "Emerson Oakland PTA" and drop it or mail it to the Emerson PTA c/o Emerson Elementary, 4803 Lawton Avenue, Oakland, CA 94609.