Custodial Services’ main objective is to ensure that students, staff, parents/guardians, and all visitors have a clean and safe environment in which to learn, teach, and visit. Custodial Services have established cleaning standards, a scope of work, and a cleaning policy that will guide custodial personnel in keeping their schools clean and sanitary. We will be shifting from our regular Core Cleaning Outline to a Virus Prevention Cleaning Outline that includes the following services:
- Restrooms will be cleaned and restocked with soap, paper towels, and empty trash bins at least three times per day. The sanitation of high-touch surfaces including doors, handles, faucets, sinks, dispensers and partitions will also occur at least three times a day. Restrooms should also have one of the following for ventilation: exhaust fan or window.
- In Classrooms, Custodians are responsible for daily sanitizing of high-touch surfaces including doors, light switches, door handles.
- In Hallways, high touch surfaces such as door handles, doors, switches will be wiped down a minimum of one time per day, or as needed.
- In Stairwells, rails and ledges will be wiped down a minimum of one time per day, or as needed.
- In Cafeteria and Multipurpose rooms, drinking fountains should not be used. Custodial staff will wipe down all doors and door handles. Nutrition Services staff will wipe down all tables, faucets, kitchen areas and serving stations after every meal.
- Offices, doors and door handles will be wiped down a minimum of one time per day or as needed; countertops, desks, and will be wiped down each night.
- Gymnasiums and locker rooms: Night custodians will be responsible for wiping down all high-touch surfaces, such as doors, light switches and handles.
Updated on 09/23/21