Tontra Love is so glad to call Sequoia home. She has been teaching for over 25 years. She loves transitional kindergarten, and has taught kindergarten and 1st grade in a few different school districts at both public and private schools. She is a proud parent of two Sequoia alumni. She believes that childhood is a journey, not a race. Academics and social emotional growth go hand in hand, and Sequoia is a fun place to discover, share and learn.
Welcome to a world of discovery where childhood is a journey, not a race.
Office Hours: Mondays
Each week we will work on the following:
- Sound of the week, Phonics Lessons, Read alouds
- Concepts About Print, Language Development
- Interactive Writing, Journal Time, Learning Without Tears
- Social-Emotional Learning through Second Step and Class Meetings
- Math (Shapes, Colors, Sorting, Patterns, Numbers, Addition, Subtraction, and Measurement)
- Ethnic Studies (Learning about self, home, and community, A Life Like Mine, Guest Readers and Storytellers)
- Science (through Gems units: Bees, Animal Homes, Lady Bugs)
We have opportunities for whole-class activities, small group activities, and one on one assessment times.
We use the following platforms: Seesaw, Google Classroom, and Clever.
End of the Year Benchmarks