July 17, 2020
July 13, 2020
Reopening of Schools: Recap of Family Report Back Meeting
We held a Reopening of Schools: Family Report Back community meeting
July 10, 2020
- Click here for the presentation | Español | 中文
- We are working on a Frequently Asked Questions document based on questions/concerns raised by the community and will post it as soon as possible.
OUSD is announcing that school will begin on August 10, 2020 with all students in distance learning.
From there, students will be brought back to campus in phases for in person instruction as safety allows.
- The opening phase of all distance learning will last up to four weeks.
- During this time we will implement our COVID-19 safety plans, attend training in both safety and instruction, and orient students and families to the phases of blended learning.
- The transition into the next phases will depend on specific science, safety, student learning and support details. We will use an equity lens for prioritizing in person instruction for targeted students.
- Families may choose to remain in full distance learning regardless of phases.
- The recommendation for a phased in approach was created by the OUSD COVID-19 Action Team composed of school site staff including custodial, clerical, teachers, principals, as well as central office department leaders and parents.
Please join us for a community meeting on Monday July 13 from 5:00-7:00. Click here for details for logging on.
OUSD has heard from many of our families and staff members. Many say they are ready for in person instruction and many are not. The district is looking for ways to meet everyone’s needs. District leaders have been negotiating with our labor partners on the best way to move forward.
We have learned a lot about distance learning since March and we are creating plans for increased support for students, and school staff, including more support for families, more access to shared online resources, and weekly learning goals.
Stay tuned for updates soon about technology distribution, school registration, and other important topics.
Getting Caught Up / Recent Communications
- June 19: Update from the COVID-19 Action Team
- June 10: In this video Supt. Johnson-Trammell gave an update at the June 10 Board Meeting.
- June 8: Community Feedback Opportunities
- June 1: This video (starting at 5:55) from our first community meeting lays out some of the challenges and opportunties ahead.