FREE MEALS DURING COVID-19 CLOSURE
The Nutrition Services Department is operating 12 pick-up locations throughout the city where “Grab and Go” breakfast and lunch meals will be available for all OUSD students or families and any Oakland child 18 and under.
- Social Distancing measures are in effect.
- Face coverings are required.
- Students do not need to be present to pick up food.
The sites listed below will be open on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Multiple days worth of food can be picked up to take home.
- Northwest/West Oakland: Sankofa Elementary, West Oakland Middle School and Hoover Elementary
- Central Oakland: Oakland High School and Garfield Elementary
- East Oakland: Bret Harte Middle School, Life Academy/United for Success, Coliseum College Preparatory Academy, Madison Park Upper, Fremont High School, Castlemont High School and Elmhurst United Middle School
- Please note that food is "grab & go" and that campuses will not be open for dining.
- Food is available to any OUSD student or family or child 18 and under, free of charge
- Please bring a grocery bag or cooler to bring food home for the week.
OUSD will also be working with other community partners and local agencies to ensure that students have access to food throughout the school closure.
Use the links below for printable flyers:
Free Meals for Students: Grab and Go flyers all languages