Graduation Requirements & Updates
- On April 1, 2020, State Superintendent Tony Thurmond released New Guidance on Grades and Graduation Requirements for Seniors
- AP Exams for 2020 will be offered online in May. See details here.
- The University of California (UC )and and California State University (CSU) systems announced that they are reducing some admission requirements for the fall of 2020, including:
- Suspending letter grade requirements for A-G courses completed in the winter, spring or summer of 2020 (and instead accepting Pass or Credit ratings on the Pass/Fail system.
- Relaxing timelines for the receipt of official transcripts and acceptance of admission offers
- Reevaluating financial aid packages and eligibility
- Accepting Credit/No Credit for certain core courses taken at community colleges
- UC also stated it would waive the SAT or ACT requirement for students applying for the fall of 2021, a decision that CSU is also weighing.