Free Meals for Oakland Kids
All children in Oakland - 18 years old and younger - and students in OUSD's Young Adult Program can receive free meals.
There are two ways to receive this food: (1) Free Home Delivery, or (2) Pick Up
(1) Free Home Delivery through July 30
To support families who can not go to our food hubs because they are supporting students during distance learning, OUSD families living in Oakland will be able to sign up for weekly home delivery of OUSD meals. Once enrolled, families will receive:
- A week’s worth of OUSD meals for each child in the house: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 suppers
- Twice a month families will also receive a fresh box of vegetables (thanks to generous donors)
An OUSD student and any of their siblings (18 years old and younger) who live in the same household are eligible for meal delivery. At least one child in the household must attend an OUSD school.
(2) Pick Up through July 30
Meals are available at 2 locations in Oakland: La Escuelita and Coliseum College Preparatory Academy (CCPA). Families no longer have to prove their students attend District-run schools. Students attending charter schools, private schools, or homeschooled are all eligible. Pick Up days are Mondays and Thursdays, between 8am and 1pm.
- Social Distancing measures and face coverings are required.
- Kids do not need to be present to pick up food.
- Multiple days worth of food can be picked up at once. (Three meals for each weekday, and two meals for each weekend day.)
Meal Pick Up Locations:
Central Oakland: La Escuelita
East Oakland: Coliseum College Preparatory Academy (CCPA)